Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the mamma of the little girl who cries

(or the mamma who lets her little girl watch Fantastic Mr. Fox too much.) (see photo.)
I think this is what the nuns at Penelope's school call me. When I go to pick her up, I have to enter through a secondary door. I ring a buzzer and then one of the nuns lets me in. Most of the children stay until 4:00 pm, so the main doors are not open. Yesterday when I came to get her, there was a nun who didn't recognize me , so I had to wait for the others to come. I'm pretty sure this is how they described me.
I don't think she is crying very often anymore. But, in the beginning there were a lot of tears. I think she likes school. I hope she likes school. I know she likes her teacher and the playground and gymnastica on Fridays. It is so hard to tell with her. When I ask her how her day was and what she did I never know what to believe. Usually her answers start out as something believable, but then they take on a fantasy like quality that usually involves her imaginary friend Lala and part of the plot from Fantastic Mr. Fox. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...............we love Penelope! And Kelly and Patrick too.

    ReplyDelete